Sunday, January 1, 2012

Hello 2012!

Happy New Year!  Can you believe we are officially in 2012?  I can't.  Time is zipping away - even more reason to make the very best of each and every day.

Resolutions anyone?  I always have a few, and this year I am ready to make some significant changes to my lifestyle - including Moving More and Eating Well!  You'll notice I didn't say lose weight or diet. So done with that.  We are talking lifestyle changes here - in the interests of my health and general outlook on life!  That is the focus of my resolutions - especially since I was  keener and quit biting my nails before Christmas! ( They look fabulous, by the way)

I am always nervous about putting it out there - that I want to make some changes  - because what if  I, you know, fail?  But the reality is that this is not a quick fix or a short trip - it is a journey of tiny steps and a million choices good or bad.  I am getting some help from Cathy Zielske - and a class called Move More, Eat Well from Big Picture Scrapbooking.  And I am pretty damn excited about the whole thing.

So hopefully I won't bore you too much with posts of my journey, which I will of course be documenting.  I figure most of us are making changes of one kind or another pretty much all the time, so maybe we can learn from one another. And don't worry - I will still be posting layouts and tips and photos and all the other mundane details of my wonderful life - so be prepared to be amazed, or somewhat interested.

Oh - I have one more resolution - to allow more pics of myself to be taken - so her is one from today - went for a lovely walk with the family - and Em took my first picture of 2012!



So here is to resolutions, and change and companions on the journey - feel free to share your resolutions here and join me in a Happy New Start 2012.

1 comment:

  1. No resolutions from me (we've had to make changes to our lifestyle since David's heart attack) just a word for the year..."calm".
    Wishing you luck with your changes..I'll be with you along the way.
    Have a fabulous 2012.
    Hugs xx
    p.s. great photo!

    ReplyDelete