Tuesday, September 7, 2010

First Day


The bittersweet feeling of back to school. Today was the day that my munchkins all went back to school after a summer of relaxation, fun and adventures. Sigh. I think today it was harder for me, than the kids! Actually I don't just think that - I KNOW that!!

Hannah is off to high school - which is unbelievable, because I really cannot be old enough to have a child in high school! ;) Ben is off to middle school, and Emily and Josh are in grades five and three at elementary school. Amazing! The were so confident and excitedly nervous as they made their way to their respective schools. Even Joshua, who is a rather notorious school despiser, seemed almost happy to get there and get settled in with friends and routines.

The first day of school is always a fresh start - not just for kids, I think, but for all of us. It always feels more like the New Year than January 1st - at least to me. So today I will kiss them goodbye, trust that they will be fabulous at school - even without me - and start my day off with a Grande Pike Place and a little prayer for a very Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. Hope the day went well for you all.
    My years were always measured from Sept to Sept.
    Hugs,
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete