Tuesday, March 23, 2010
A big Happy Blogoversary to Glynis, aka Northern Scrapper! Check out her blog HERE, and enter for a chance to win a great kit from Love is in the Details!
Here's to another happy year of blogging!!!! Have you started blogging yet?? If you haven't, now is the perfect time - I love reading other people's blogs and learning new stuff and peeking into their creative lives! I'd love you to leave a link to your blog in my comments - then we can all check you out!!! Thanks for sharing in mine, too!
Happy Day everyone!!!
Sunday, March 21, 2010
Friday, March 19, 2010
And the Boyfriend line from Cosmo Cricket:
Happy Day everyone!!
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
With a name like "Green", there is no way that I could get away without celebrating St. Patrick's Day!!!
Actually, it is one of my favourite days, I love the colour green, and what's not to love about leprechauns?! The tradition in our home is to hunt for the leprechaun's pot of gold on St Patty's Day, and I just happen to have some photos from this year's hunt to share!
Wishing you all a very lucky and love filled St Patty's Day!!!
Monday, March 15, 2010
I was so proud of them all - they worked hard and it was a great production - can't wait to scrap all the photos from this - and yes there are WAY too many - aaah the life of a stage mom!!!!
Happy Day everyone!
Saturday, March 13, 2010
This is a great kit and class program and I am so glad I get to teach it! Here is my layout:
I converted my photos to black and white, because my beautiful daughter Emily was wearing a pink and purple sweater in these wall climbing photos!
This is a great tip if you have photos you want to use with a particular paper, but the colours don't work!! Simply convert to black and white and VOILA! You have photos that work with every paper!!!
I am working on another layout with the kit leftovers, and I still have embellishments and 2 pieces of paper left! WooHoo!!! Loving the Origins line and I have the Kioshi Kit now and can't wait to play with it!!!
Happy Day everyone!
Thursday, March 11, 2010
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
Starting March 18th thru April 15th, 2010 we will be holding a WeScrap’s Next Designer Contest! We are looking at bringing on 3 new design team members to join our team! You must be able to participate in our 4-week contest if you submit an application. Challenges and other details will be posted on March 18th.
You may apply for the weScrap iTeam (Inspiration Team) by submitting the following to:
*International applicants are welcome!
(1) Send a Scrapbook/artist resume & biography, as well as your full name, weScrap forum username, email address & full contact information with your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org with ”weScrap DT Call” in the subject line.
(2) Please include a link to your blog. Having an active blog is a mandatory part of this position.
(3) Please tell us of any scrapbook design teams you are currently on. You are required to only be on no more than 2 other manufacturer/kit teams and 2 other challenge/sketch teams while you hold your weScrap iTeam position.
(4) Please include the answers to the following questions:
-Why do you think you would make a great iTeam member?
-What is your best attribute or skill?
-What is the attribute or skill that is a challenge to you?
-Do you feel that you can give inspiration, encouragement & techniques in the forum on a daily basis? How might you achieve this?
*Share any other information you feel is important for us to know about you.
If chosen as a weScrap iTeam member you will be responsible for the following:
1. You will be required to create Layouts, Cards, Altered items, Mini Albums anything that showcases the bi-monthly kits provided to you.
2. All DT members are required to be a registered member of our forum and post as much as possible each day. Starting threads and answering thread are a must as well as leaving praise in the gallery for our members and your fellow DT.
3. iTeam members are responsible for helping create & hosting forum challenges for our crops and providing new tips/techniques. You will be responsible for a few daily posts per month, newsletter assignments and creating work to be loading into our growing resource area.
4. Promote the weScrap site on your blog by posting any weScrap contests, news, announcements, projects, kit sneak peaks, kit reveals, etc. is mandatory.
5. DT members are to promote weScrap.com where ever and whenever allowed without breaking rules on other sites. An iTeam blinkie will be provided and required in your signatures on our forum and again anywhere without breaking rules on other sites. Updating and showcasing items on your blog.
6. Communication with your fellow iTeam members, Co-Presidents and Vice-President is essential to a great team & fantastic site. You will have access to the secure iTeam private forum.
7. This is a 6 month commitment; DT duties will start up on May 1, 2010. You will have immediate access to the DT forum as soon as you are notified of your new position so that you can get to know the other members and learn all about your responsibilities.
8. iTeam members will receive a discount in the weScrap store during their contracted time and free shipping if shipped with your bi-monthly kit items.
9. You will receive one free kit every other month to create with. Kits are packed with great products and fun things to create with.
Come on, give it a try - it is a great team to be a part of and a fabulous place to hang out!!!!
Friday, March 5, 2010
Welcome to the weScrap Bring On Spring Blog Hop!!If you have just joined us on this little adventure of "Bring on Spring!" for WeScrap.com, you may want to start at the beginning, here; http://www.creativecraftsandstickers.com/
As part of the WeScrap Inspiration Team, we have all decided that with all the months of snow and ice that we'd "Bring on Spring!" a little early this year! Hop along with the entire WeScrap iTeam to see what each of the iTeam has created!
Here's our blog hop rotation for today:
Creative Crafts and Stickers (http://www.creativecraftsandstickers.com/)
Sarah Nolan (http://www.theoccasionalcreation.blogspot.com/)
Michelle Galloway (http://ihave3bugs.blogspot.com/)
Calia Yang (http://yscrapbook.blogspot.com/)
Laura Gilhuly (http://angelbearscraps.blogspot.com/)
Tara Thynne (http://www.thynner5.blogspot.com/)
Jacquelin Green (http://www.groovyscrapbooker.blogspot.com/)
Jen Benoit (http://www.lifethejenway.blogspot.com/)
Avina Lim (http://brainy-bairn.blogspot.com/)
Guest iTeam, Teresa Hord (http://creativecowgirl.wordpress.com/)
Allison Cope (http://yourmemoriescanada.blogspot.com/)
Now I'd like to share my Spring inspired project with you!
I love spring, and as a child I received a pinwheel every year in the spring! You can use them on your layouts and cards, too - here is how to make them:
Start with a square of double sided paper - mine is 2 x 2 inches. Mark the centre and cut up diagonally on each corner:
Now pull up the outer corner of each triangle as shown, and adhere with glue dots.
Decorate the middle with buttons, brads, flowers, even little photos!!! Now here is what I made with mine, using the scraps from the February Kit - check out the weScrap Store for all sorts of cools kits and products!
Not only do we have some fabulous projects to share today but you also have a chance to win a PRIZE! By leaving a comment on EACH iTeam member's blog today, you have a chance to win $100 worth of scrappy goodies! Yup... that's $100 of scrappy goodness for your stash! You have until Wednesday March 10th to leave your comments for a chance. Good luck!
Now.... find out what the fabulous Jen Benoit has created to inspire you today!